Welcome to My Web Page!
Search for Real Estate in and around Comox Valley
A unique equestrian small holding. Quality throughout describes this exceptional Property, Home, Stables, Outbuildings and infrastructure, all located within a few minutes of Saratoga beach on the east coast of Vancouver Island. A beautifully re-modeled 4 bedroom home overlooks the 2.58 fully fenced acres, with the Stables and outbuildings quietly adjacent. The Stables are outstanding, containing 4 generous s...
A delightful Home with some ocean views at the south end of Kitty Coleman Park and the beach access. This is a warm and cozy 1500 sqft Panabode with a full basement on over half an acre of lovely rolling private property, full of trees shrubs and a magic enclosed raised garden area next to the 20' x 14' custom designed Shop. Over $200,000 recently spent of improvements including plumbing, wiring, a new laundr...
Centrally located 1500 sqft 3 bedroom + office and 2 bath rancher on a quiet Courtenay street. Lots of updating completed including the kitchen, roof, 200 amp service and gas furnace. Rear south facing, private and fully fenced yard with lane access is brilliant, with covered decks, a 12x16 Workshop with cement floor, the greenhouse and seasonal shed plus an above ground pool, lots of sun here, year round. Th...
3 bedroom 2 bathroom home. Updates includes a newer roof, newer windows, 200 amp electrical service and newer siding. Partial ocean view. RV parking and lane access.Listed by RE/MAX Check Realty
Sonora Island. 712sqft two storey cabin, short 10-min. walk from the government dock in Owen Bay. Beautifully forested 1.75-acre property with towering hemlock, fir and cedar. The cabin appears to be well constructed and is finished in cedar with a metal roof. It is situated on concrete pads and footings. Interior wood is fir, cedar and pine (there is no drywall) and the cabin has thermal windows and vinyl fl...Listed by Royal LePage Advance Realty
Great opportunity to purchase a commercial lot in Sayward. This one acre lot is well located near the mall, the marina and all amenities. It is a great spot to relocated your business or start a new one. Great opportunity to purchase a commercial lot in Sayward. This one acre lot is well located near the mall, the marina and all amenities. It is a great spot to relocated your business or start a new one.Listed by RE/MAX Check Realty
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015